- Filing due date for election to defer inclusion of stock option
employment benefit (available if shares were not sold).
- Payment due for interest for the prior calendar year on employee and family loans to avoid attribution.
- Reimbursement due to your employer to reduce taxable operating
benefit from an employer-provided automobile.
- Filing deadline for T4 returns for wages and T5 returns for dividends paid in the prior calendar year.
March 1 (February 29 for leap years)
- Last day to contribute to your RRSP and claim a deduction in the prior calendar year.
- First instalment due for personal income taxes.
March 31 (March 30 for leap years)
- Filing due date for trust returns.
- Filing due date for personal income tax return unless eligible
to file by June 15.
- Balance of tax due for individuals for personal income taxes.
- Second instalment due for personal income taxes.
- Filing due date for individuals reporting business income and their
- Third instalment due for personal income taxes.
- Fourth instalment due for personal income taxes.
The following items must
be paid by December 31 to be claimed as a deduction on your personal
income tax return:
- Alimony and maintenance payments.
- Carrying charges such as interest
expense and fees.
- Charitable donations.
- Child care expenses.
- Medical expenses.
- Moving expenses.
- Political contributions.
- RRSP contributions to your plan if you are 71.
- Tuition fees.
- Union dues and professional fees.